Business to Business, known as B2B business is an online business between two companies and not between a company and an individual customer. The target audience is more concentrated and defined and needs to be reached out on a strategic basis.
So, to reach the B2B audience the company needs to establish continuous efforts towards quality lead generation online.
Your B2B strategy for lead generation should be arrived at after ascertaining which combination works the best for your company/product.
How to target B2B lead generation?
Here are 7 ways under three main categories Email, Social and Blog along with a powerful Landing Page that will help you generate effective B2B leads: –
The number of e-mail users worldwide is 3.8 billion and is projected to reach 4.3 billion by the year 2022. 45% of B2B marketers credit email marketing as the most effective digital marketing channel.
Here are a few things to keep in mind to generate B2B leads with email marketing:
- Optimize email campaign for mobile devices
- Since CTA increases click by 371% and sales by 1617% (according to Wordstream) include Call-To-Action
- A well-curated industry-specific email with a powerful subject line scores a 39% higher chance of being opened
- Authenticity and reliability are higher when the sender includes complete address and contact details in the email. Also linking the logo in the contact details to the company website helps provides an extra link.
- Provide product lists and other useful information to create an interest in the buyer.
- At least send one or two follow-up emails to increase the chances of your email being read.
- Include the unsubscribe link to help improve your mailing list.
Facebook a social media platform with 1.5 billion users has been growing in importance, becoming an effective lead generation tool for B2B companies. Aim not for a direct sale but to connect with the audience through Lead Ads, by answering their queries and building your brand. Interesting 17% of Facebook users follow brands /companies. Facebooks Customized Audience targeting (people who are similar to your existing customers) further helps to increase the quality of the leads by 40%.
With 126 million users Twitter helps you to engage with the right people by using relevant hashtags or keywords. B2B business can also utilize Twitter Lead Gen Cards, to generate leads directly within a tweet. It provides the Twitter Name, his/her User name and his/her email address the card which can become a useful lead.
– It is said, in as little as six hours a week, 66% of marketers see lead generation benefits with social media.
– New platforms like Twitch are also garnering a place in the crowded B2B lead generation space. Twitch, (acquired by Amazon in 2014) is growing in brand advertising numbers on the streaming platform. It might be the right time to try their new in-game action ad formats.
- You Tube
Videos have become a much sought after tool whether for relaxation, information, entertainment, business or just about anything. Today 1.5 billion views per day on YouTube come from ‘Generation X’. YouTube is the world’s 2nd largest search engine and ranks 4th for the most valued social media platform (after Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) by B2B marketers. Almost 50% of B2B technology buyers are influenced to purchase a product or service after viewing the video. Is that not enough to get on the YouTube platform?
Blogs with actionable tips, problem-solving, improved ideas, technological improvements, and proven tips act most effectively as B2B lead generators. A high quality, well-researched blog with SEO keywords is a sure way to increasing page views and potential leads. As per statistics, today 81% of businesses believe blogs are crucial in generating leads
- White Papers
1 out of 2 B2B marketers has now started to use white papers to generate leads. Another form of Content, a white paper is a technical paper written by experts in their subject. Industry persons have begun to trust these White Papers since they are authoritative, help answer the reader’s query, make it easier to solve a problem, or simply nudge towards a decision. The trick lies in hiding the content behind a web form, so you’re able to capture contact information before the user accesses it.
- Landing Page
A B2B landing page is essentially known as a ‘Lead Capture Page’ is a digital handshake. The importance of a strategic landing page has risen with 68% of B2B businesses using this method to acquire leads. It is much more than the About Us/The Company Page. In fact, a well-designed landing page enjoys between a 5-15% conversion rate.
So for B2B Lead Generation, your landing page must,
- Block the exit
- Have a Form to fill with very basic information – Example ‘Fill your email for a free trial’.
- Provide what the visitor is searching for
As a Company, it is necessary to be present on different platforms and experiment to arrive at the best mix/ ways to acquire maximum B2B leads. A lead generation strategy is a continuous effort. ‘Lead generation’ further needs ‘Lead nurturing’ to transform the lead into a sale. Without lead generation, to begin with, there will be lesser customers and even fewer sales eventually. 85% of B2B marketers consider lead generation their #1 challenge, don’t be one of them.