TikTok becomes the latest company to exploit the audience shift from Twitter, or now, X with the launch of its latest text posts feature. The Chinese-owned corporation, best known for its video content, has now added written content. TikTok users can freely express themselves with this tool. This action is supported by TikTok’s dedication to creativity and individuality.
The introduction of short form material is the newest tool in TikTok’s arsenal for producing content. Content creators now have an additional tool for connecting with their audiences. The text post format will allow them to express their ideas through posts, poetry, and other written material.
You can now share text posts on TikTok ✍️ Text posts open exciting possibilities for creators to share their stories, poems, lyrics, and more – giving you another way to express yourself and making it even easier to create! Learn more ⬇️ https://t.co/XX18GERQRE
— TikTokComms (@TikTokComms) July 24, 2023
Why Written Form Content?
With TikTok’s updated functionality, businesses can publish text posts to their followers to broaden their reach and boost engagement. Users on the platform are video-responsive. Some people, however, might find text posts a better way to connect with brands. Marketers can now reach audiences they previously had no access to thanks to this extra source. Larger audiences result in more exposure, participation, and return on investment.
What to Expect from this feature?
TikTok has introduced various features to make text posts more interesting and appealing. They include:
- A wide range of STICKERS creators can use to boost their written form posts
- TAGS and HASHTAGS can be used with text posts, just like video and photo posts.
- Content creators can choose from a variety of colorful BACKGROUNDS to make their posts more appealing.
- The creator can store their posts in draft if they do not wish to publish them and also discard them later.
- The limit for posts is 1000 words.
How To Create Text Posts on TikTok?
TikTok has simplified the text creation process, making it easier for users to share content.
- To post a text message, a user must navigate to the camera page and select the text option.
- After choosing, the user is taken to the creation page, where they can input their material.
- They can also add songs, location tags, activate comments, and use the Duet function to personalize their content.
This inclusion of text posts demonstrates TikTok’s dedication to supporting community creativity. The addition of this function might change the platform’s fundamentals from long-form video content to short-form light text content. The range of content marketing strategies might then be explored by organizations.
TikTok has now joined the cat race with X and Threads to control the text-based market. However, X, formerly known as Twitter, is in financial turmoil due to a 50% decline in ad sales. At the same time, Thread’s popularity is steadily eroding as DAUs gradually shrink. ByteDance, the firm that owns TikTok, also made strides in generative AI with the recent launch of the CapCut plugin for ChatGPT for AI-created videos.
The stage has been set for a revolutionary shift in the social media sector with TikTok’s entry into the text-based market. As these competitors square off, social media enthusiasts anticipate a fascinating showdown in innovation and engagement.