Saatchi & Saatchi UK has won the global creative account for Accor’s budget hotel brand Ibis after a pitch involving several undisclosed agencies, capping off a record year of new business in 2023. For the group of hotels, including Ibis, Ibis Budget, and Ibis Styles, the agency will be in charge of strategy and creative. It will develop and implement cross-regional repositioning across the brand’s key markets, which include the UK, France, Germany, Brazil, and India.
Saatchi & Saatchi bags Ibis’ economy business
The inaugural segment by Saatchi & Saatchi will honor the company’s global reputation as a pioneer and leader in the hospitality industry. No incumbents were present. By accepting the appointment, Publicis Groupe strengthens its partnership with parent company Accor and manages the hotel group’s economy business for the first time.
Accor’s other endeavors
Accenture Song was brought on by Accor at the end of the previous year. It managed its global personalized marketing and customer communications. The Wilds, an advertising agency from Jungle Creations, was awarded the group’s social media account in 2020. This account included Mercure, Novotel, Ibis Budget, Ibis Styles, and Ibis. Accor collaborates with Publicis Conseil in Paris on several of its high-end brands. The appointment comes after Saatchis secured several well-known novel business deals in 2023. It included OVO, Mondelez, Haleon, and the John Lewis Partnership (John Lewis, Waitrose, and John Lewis Finance).
Here’s what they said
James Denton-Clark, Saatchi & Saatchi’s chief executive, said,
Great to welcome Ibis and Accor to the Saatchi family. Ibis is a household name across the globe, one of the original disruptors that broke conventions and democratised mass travel. The pandemic shifted real-world needs, and travel and hospitality have never been so exciting or challenging. We’re privileged to be chosen to help with their next mission, and excited to get 2024 off to a fast start.
Nina Crazover, Accor’s global senior vice-president of economy brands added,
Ibis is the world-leading brand in the economy segment, and we’re thrilled to kick start a new chapter with Saatchi & Saatchi. We clicked on the strategy and are excited by the work; I can’t wait to get it out in the world.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- MediaFebruary 26, 2024Reliance and Disney Ink Binding Agreement to Combine Media Business in India
- TechnologyFebruary 26, 2024Saudi Ministry of Culture Introduces World’s First VR History Tours in Metaverse
- MediaFebruary 23, 2024M&C Saatchi Names Zaid Al-Qassab As New Global CEO
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024MCN, Part of IPG, Bolsters Leadership Team in MENAT; Appoints Lizzie Dewhurst as Chief Communications Officer