Magnite Partners with Scope3 to Enhance Advertising Sustainability
The biggest independent sell-side ad provider in the world, Magnite, has announced a partnership with Scope3 to provide carbon emissions data across Magnite’s massive omnichannel inventory. As a result, advertisers will be able to evaluate their carbon emissions and match the success of their campaigns with their sustainability objectives.
Magnite will provide Green Media Products (GMPs) powered by Scope3 data as part of the cooperation. Advertisers and media purchasers can quickly find supply routes that naturally exclude climate risk (high carbon) inventory thanks to GMPs. To precisely measure carbon emissions from digital advertising, Scope3 developed and still employs the most detailed and all-encompassing emissions data model in the industry.
Here’s what they said
Sean Buckley, Chief Revenue Officer at Magnite said that with this partnership, the company is looking to minimize its environmental impact as the largest independent SSP. Furthermore, they are wanting to help their clients to do the same.
Our partnership with Scope3 is one of the many ways Magnite is incorporating sustainability into our workstreams to help our clients get more insight into their carbon emissions, with the goal of creating a more environmentally-friendly future. Digital advertising is inherently an energy-intensive business given the high level of data processing required. We are working closely with publishers, marketers and our peers to constantly innovate to create more energy efficient practices while also improving advertising outcomes.
Brenda Tuohig, Chief Commercial Officer at Scope3 stated,
The emissions data that Scope3 provides is most effective when it can be harnessed at scale, and an SSP of Magnite’s magnitude and reputation is well positioned to have significant influence on our collective impact. Our partnership represents yet another key building block in our mission to achieve a decarbonized ad ecosystem where sustainable media and positive marketer outcomes go hand in hand, and we’re glad to have support from Magnite in fulfilling this bold mission.
Martin Bryan, Global Chief Sustainability Officer at IPG Mediabrands commented
Sustainability is a priority for IPG Mediabrands, and we strive to ensure our clients are investing their media budgets in the most efficient and green paths to premium supply. We have long worked with Magnite on SPO to reduce unnecessary duplication and waste. We welcome the addition of Scope3 data across Magnite’s inventory as it provides another layer of transparency and accountability.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- MediaFebruary 23, 2024M&C Saatchi Names Zaid Al-Qassab As New Global CEO
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024MCN, Part of IPG, Bolsters Leadership Team in MENAT; Appoints Lizzie Dewhurst as Chief Communications Officer
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024Vevo Collaborates with PubMatic for Programmatic Growth in CTV Advertising
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024Sociowash Awarded the Digital Mandate for Tide Arabia