The world’s top independent ad platform, Equativ, has officially partnered with IRIS.TV, the only data platform designed specifically for organizing, connecting, and enabling video-level data. Through the collaboration, a new marketplace will be able to provide brand-appropriate, contextual ad targeting for online video and CTV advertising using IRIS_ID’s smart content identifier, IRIS.TV. Equativ takes pride in its brand- and privacy-safe approach to optimizing ad impact while upholding customer rights. Media buyers will be able to use publisher-declared content, AI-assisted contextual targeting, and metadata. It will guarantee that advertisements are shown next to the content that is most appropriate for their audience and brand,
What is IRIS_ID?
For video-level data, IRIS_ID is a global content identifier. Outside of fenced landscapes, it is utilized by the IRIS.TV Contextual Video Marketplace to enable marketers to target the topic of video across any screen in real-time and at scale. An IRIS_ID is given to a video when it is ingested into the IRIS.TV Contextual Video Marketplace. After that, this identifier is sent to several data partners via the bid stream, where they utilize it to evaluate the video content and supply contextual information. Buyers use this information to assess whether inventory is appropriate for a particular campaign. IRIS_ID is a useful tool for publishers as well as marketers. It benefits publishers by acquiring more revenue from their video content and enables marketers to reach their target audiences with relevant ads.
Premier Full-Stack Integration for contextual targeting
It is IRIS.TV’s first full-stack partnership. Equativ’s advanced ad server, supply-side, and demand-side platforms (SSP and DSP) can now use granular video-level data thanks to the partnership with IRIS.TV. Equativ will establish a new marketplace through direct integration where publishers will have easier access to demand from media buyers and be able to easily integrate the IRIS_ID to provide contextual ad targeting that is appropriate for brands for online video and connected TV (CTV) inventory. By leveraging comprehensive insights about on-screen digital content, the smart content identifier facilitates secure data sharing and makes it simple to effectively drive relevant advertising.
Benefits of the partnership
- Simplified and safe revenue generation- The IRIS_ID gives publishers a shared data signal that they can use to boost CTV and video ad revenue while keeping strict control over their priceless assets.
- Smart contextual targeting- Ads are positioned next to content that is most appropriate for their audience and brand when media buyers use AI-assisted contextual targeting, which is twice as effective as demo and publisher-declared content metadata.
- Scalable deal configuration- This refers to the flexible ability to optimize and arrange multi-publisher deals in the manner that buyers desire. This is all while creating distinct deal IDs that are easily obtainable by any DSP of their choosing.
- Strict guidelines- Data management procedures adhere to the same standards as large display advertising. These include brand suitability segments created in accordance with the Global Alliance for Responsible Media (GARM) framework. Furthermore, it ensures compliance with the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA).
Privacy-by-design solution for publishers
The privacy-by-design solution offered by IRIS.TV enables publishers to safely share video-level insights with advertisers. It assigns an IRIS_ID—a universal content identifier—to each video after seamlessly ingesting and normalizing all of the metadata for that video. Data partners have access to this IRIS_ID. These include Pixability, Oracle Advertising, and GumGum’s Verity for advanced enrichment and segmentation that is enabled by AI frame-to-frame analysis. Publishers can pass the IRIS_ID into the bid stream through Equativ’s platform. It will allow flexible programmatic transactions via direct, private marketplace (PMP), and pre-bid deals.
Deprecation of third-party cookies
This collaboration occurs at a time when persistent changes in data access and usage are shaking up conventional methods of digital media buying and monetization. The impending removal of third-party cookies in 2024, along with growing data privacy regulations, is making more contextual-based solutions necessary. Contextual approaches that can provide consumers with more engaging and privacy-compliant ads are becoming more and more popular. Brands, agencies, and advertisers are realizing how important it is to investigate alternative data sources. This is especially true in the rapidly expanding CTV space.
Here’s what they said
Sean Holzman, EVP, Ad Platforms and Agencies at IRIS.TV commented,
Accessing content data at the video level has been a major challenge for many contextual intelligence solutions looking to enter the video and CTV arena. The IRIS_ID is engineered around solving this issue and supporting an open ecosystem where video owners, distributors, and advertisers can tap detailed video-level data to deliver the right ads in the moments that matter. By integrating the IRIS_ID with Equativ, we look forward to providing advanced ad decisioning capabilities that are unique in the marketplace. This integration will also enable players across the industry to access and connect to high-value and privacy-centric data. This access will help them achieve deeper audience understanding and, ultimately, provide a better user experience.
James Grant, SVP and Head of Agency & Enterprise CTV Partnerships at Equativ added,
Maintaining addressability is essential to not only accelerate growth in the CTV space but also help protect its future viability. While subscriptions are becoming an important element of monetization strategies, the exploding popularity of FAST platforms means there is a growing need for technologies that help supply and demand side players connect and trade efficiently. We are committed to constantly honing and extending our CTV capabilities, developing contextual and curation tools that fuel greater yield without relying on cookies, and moving to become an ID-agnostic platform. Working with IRIS.TV to access content signals via the IRIS_ID is the next phase of that progression, which will bring a rich new avenue of data to make ads even more impactful.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- Media2023.12.08Yahoo DSP Leverages Both AI and First Party Data For Campaign Advancement
- Marketing2023.12.08Google Plans to Introduce Programmatic Support for Limited Ads
- Marketing2023.12.08Amazon Ads and IPG Mediabrands Ink 3-year Deal for Upcoming Prime Video Ads
- Media2023.12.07Dentsu and Meta Partner for WhatsApp Business Customer Relationships Solution