Video is a great way to market your business. As a result, video marketing has become one of the most popular ways of marketing.
According to several portals, approximately 96% of people increased their consumption of videos about businesses, and 9 out of 10 people prefer watching videos about brands and companies. Moreover, 86% of businesses started using video as a business tool in 2022.
Therefore, video marketing statistics cannot be ignored if one wants to promote and advertise a business online. Videos are integral to marketing and promoting your products to new audiences.
This article will explore video marketing statistics you cannot miss in 2022.
Video Marketing Statistics You Cannot Ignore in 2022
To develop your digital/video marketing strategy, you need to know the latest video marketing statistics. Listed below are the latest video marketing statistics you simply cannot miss in 2022:
Increasing Internet Consumption
- According to Wyzowl, In 2018, the average time for watching videos was 1.5 hours per day. But in 2022, the number of hours increased to 2.5 hours a day.
- Moreover, research shows that people watch videos for about 19 hours a week, an 8.5 hours spike from the last four years.
- According to the survey conducted by Wyzowl, 96% of people have watched the tutorials and explanation videos to learn more about the products in 2022.
- Furthermore, 88% of people have said that they have been convinced to buy a company’s product after watching their videos.
- According to Hubspot, in 2018, 54% of people want to watch more videos about brands and companies to know more about their products.
- Also, research conducted by Animoto in 2018 suggests videos are the favorite type of content to view from a business across social media platforms.
- Social Media Week studies show that 78% of people watch videos every week, and 55% of people watch videos daily.
- According to Insivia, 95% of the audience can remember the products and their message when they watch them in a video rather than reading about them.
- According to 59% of executives, the audience is most likely to choose video over text about the same topic. 92% of mobile phone users are more likely to share the videos they watch about any product or company.
- According to Wyzowl, people are twice more likely to share videos rather than sharing blog posts or written articles. Therefore, video marketers and editors must post short, crisp, well-edited videos about their products. They can easily edit a video online and make engaging content.
Increase in Revenue
- According to Wyzowl, in 2022, 87% of business owners stated that video marketing has helped increase website traffic.
- Moreover, 94% of people also stated that videos helped them better understand their products, according to Wyzowl in 2022.
- 83% of business owners have stated that videos encourage visitors to visit and explore their websites for a long time.
- According to HubSpot, 87% of video editors are content with the ROI of their video editing efforts. Furthermore, 93% of business owners claim that videos are integral to their marketing strategy.
- WordStream suggests that incorporating videos into your business website’s landing page will increase your conversion rate by approximately 80%.
- Optinmonster research in 2019 shows that video marketers are 66% more likely to get better leads every year.
- According to Wyzowl, in 2022, 81% of video marketers stated that videos have helped them improve their product sales. Moreover, 49% said that videos had led to a reduction in support calls about various products as they allow customers to solve their queries.
- According to Wyzowl, 93% of video marketers have stated that videos have increased brand awareness to a large extent.
- According to Tubular Insights, 64% of consumers are likely to buy a product after they have watched a video about it on social media. Furthermore, according to HubSpot, video is the number one type of content marketers produce.
- According to Small biz Trends, 30% of people can recollect the video ads about products they have seen in the past 30 days. Therefore, you must make an impactful ad that interests the customers.
Video Usage Trends
- According to research conducted by Wyzowl, Video marketers consider videos a pretty important part of their marketing plan.
- According to research by The Marketing Helpline, video posts on social media get 48% more views than typically written posts about the products. Therefore, you can create and edit crisp and attractive posts about your products and share them on social media instead of posting a written post about them to promote your products.
- According to the statistics provided by Oberlo, Youtube with 88% is the most popular platform to edit videos, post, and share them, followed by Facebook with 76%, LinkedIn with 66%, and Instagram with 65%. Therefore, you can easily create and post videos on these platforms to gain new customers for your products.
- According to Hubspot, 73% of people prefer watching entertaining videos. Hence, to digitally promote your content, you can edit videos to make them fun and engaging enough for the audience.
- According to Limelight, 65% of consumers state that their favorite platform to watch videos is Youtube. Therefore, Youtube is one of the best and most important platforms to share your videos.
Video Marketing Channels
- According to Wyzowl, 88% of marketers have included Youtube as an integral part of their digital marketing strategy in 2022, which is 1% less than last year. However, 68% of marketers have included LinkedIn as a part of their marketing strategy, which is 5% more than last year. Therefore, video marketers consider LinkedIn a good platform to share their videos about their company and products.
- According to Wyzowl, 65% of marketers have plans to bring in Facebook as a part of their marketing strategy, which is 5% less than last year. Moreover, 68% of marketers have plans to include Instagram in their marketing strategy, which is 10% more than last year. This data shows that Instagram is a more popular platform for marketers to add videos about their company and products and share them rather than Facebook.
- According to WyzOwl, 46% of marketers have plans to host webinars about their company and products in their marketing strategy in 2022, which is 7% less than last year. This data shows that marketers prefer to share them on social media instead of conducting elaborate webinars to grab the attention of consumers quickly.
- According to YotPo, 30% of consumers have brought products mentioned in videos they have seen on Instagram. Moreover, according to Mention, 7 out of 10 people check out the website links in stories. Therefore, if you still have not included Instagram in your marketing strategy, it is high time you include the platform in your marketing strategy to get more engagement on your products.
- According to LinkedIn, posts with videos are shared 20 times more than written posts on the platform. However, 80% of the videos are watched with the sound off, so you should create videos that can be viewed without sound to gain the audience’s attention on LinkedIn.
- According to Wyzowl, 29% of marketers have plans to use Twitter as a part of their marketing strategy in 2022, which is 2% less than last year. However, according to the data provided by Twitter, the platform gets 2 billion views on videos daily, and tweets including videos have ten times more reach than tweets without videos.
- 99% of video marketers have decided to continue using videos for marketing in 2021. Moreover, data shows that more than 66% will spend more or the same amount on videos in 2022.
Impact of The Pandemic
- According to Wyzowl, the pandemic has drastically affected video editors’ plans for 2021 and 2022. However, the pandemic’s impact on video marketing seems to be gradually decreasing as 50% of video marketers expect the pandemic to affect their video marketing budget in 2022, less than 63% last year.
- According to Wyzowl, three-quarters of video marketers have stated that the pandemic would make it likely to produce more videos. At the same time, the other half said that the pandemic would decrease video production.
- According to Hubspot, 96% of people have stated that the pandemic has increased their video consumption.
Listed below are some key takeaways:
- Video has gradually become one of the most consumed content on the internet, so you must use this to promote your brand and products and establish a loyal customer base online
- Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn seems to be the most favorable platform for posting videos
- Furthermore, the statistics suggest that your account will likely get more reach and engagement if you include videos in your posts; therefore, videos will help your business and products reach social media audiences
- Higher engagement rates in videos ultimately convert to higher consumption rates and buy-ins, i.e., people are more convinced to buy a product once they watch a video about it online.
- Investing in video marketing is always a good option since video marketing helps you gain higher engagement, promote your products, interact with your audience and provide you with higher ROI
WeAreSocial reported more than 3.5 billion social media users in 2019. IBM partnered with Mettle CI to create fun and entertaining videos to explain technology easily to their audience, thus gaining popularity on social media.
Business owners and video marketers must take advantage of this extensive reach and promote their products online.