The Trade Desk announced a collaboration with Samsung Ads, a platform for advanced TV advertising solutions that can aid Indian marketers to reach millions of engaged viewers all over the open internet. The Trade Desk platform will provide marketers access to Connected TV (CTV) inventory on Samsung Smart TV, offered through its free, ad-supported on-demand (AVOD) streaming service, Samsung TV Plus.
The collaboration will enable marketers to measure their advertisement campaigns efficiently compared to linear TV. The marketers can compare and measure the ad opportunities across the channels on the open internet by applying the same level of data-driven insights on any digital marketing advertising but in a transparent way.
Related Article: All You Need To Know About Connected TV Advertising!
Trade Desk is expanding CTV advertising options to India’s open internet market such as over-the-top (OTT), music streaming, and mobile apps. India’s programmatic-first market is growing rapidly, with a prediction of 74% of total digital ad sales to be programmatic by next year. Prabhvir Sahmey, senior director, Samsung Ads, said,
India is the first market where we are launching a programmatic first strategy. Our collaboration with The Trade Desk is integral to facilitating wide access to our inventory, offering brands the opportunity to extend their reach in a premium, brand-safe environment – the biggest screen in the house.
A report estimated that CTV will reach over 40 million households in India by 2025 from about 7 million today. The growth of Connected TV is phenomenal and the engagement levels are higher compared to smartphones. For marketers, CTV is a brilliant opportunity and the biggest segment for advertising investment.
Therefore, more spending is witnessed on programmatic advertising. Tejinder Gill, general manager, The Trade Desk in India, said,
Indian marketers are increasing their spends on digital advertising and steadily turning to programmatic advertising, which offers real-time measurement and better control over ad frequency. CTV, which is rapidly gaining adoption among consumers, is one of the best platforms in India for programmatic advertising
He also added –
As CTV advertising does not rely on third-party cookies, marketers can also measure and compare the effectiveness of their CTV advertising with other channels on the open internet. We will leverage our global expertise to pioneer CTV advertising on the open internet in India, starting with our collaboration with Samsung Ads
Interesting Read: CTV Advertising To Reach $21B In 2021 In The United States!
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 23, 2024In Conversation with EssenceMediacom’s Soumak Banik: Media Insights Unveiled
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 16, 2024Havas Maher Saad El Din: Navigating Media’s Shifting Landscape
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 9, 2024Madison World’s Milan Modi Speaks: Crafting Success in Digital Advertising
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 1, 2024VML’s Karim Sioufi: Transformative Insights in Marketing Excellence