TikTok Gets More Visual, Launches ‘Interactive Add Ons’ For In-Feed Ads
Earlier this week, TikTok announced it now offers interactive add-ons for in-feed ads to brands globally to help them make more engaging ads. The short-form video platform is adding a range of new ways to encourage engagement with the in-stream ads.
Interactive Add-Ons Categories
There are two types of interactive add-ons available for brands: standard and premium.
Standard Interactive Add-Ons: These add-ons are excellent for achieving lower-funnel marketing goals, such as generating clicks and conversations. It includes:
Display Card: Highlight important messages, share exclusive offers, and drive traffic to your website or app.
Gift Code Sticker.: Viewers can click for an exclusive promotional code and copy it before heading to purchase.
Voting Sticker: This allows companies to poll, quiz, or collect user feedback to encourage audience participation.
Countdown Sticker: Add a timer to your video ad to catch your audience’s attention for upcoming releases or important dates.
Premium Interactive Add-Ons: These add-ons can be used to achieve higher-funnel marketing goals such as brand awareness and community building.
Pop-out Showcase: This image element will lay over the ad with the ability to spotlight products through a pop-out element to drive clicks.
Gesture: A user can interact with the ‘Gesture reward card’ by tapping or swiping to obtain reward credits.
Super Like 2.0: This will be available soon, but it will allow for even more visuals after a user likes an ad.
These creative new ad enhancers are unique and exciting to add interactivity for more ad engagement. TikTok stated in their blog,
“Our research shows that 57% of viewers are more likely to search for brand information online when they connect with businesses on TikTok. Acting as an extension of your creative idea, Interactive Add-Ons offer flexible formats that encourage consumers to join in the fun when they see your ad.”
Interesting Read: Instagram Shuts Down IGTV For Longer Videos, TikTok Expands Video Length
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.12.08In Conversation with Mindshare’s Amit Lall: Mastering Digital Dynamics
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA