Roku and Shopify have partnered up in a first-of-its-kind commerce shopping integration. The partnership first came into existence in 2021, when Roku granted Shopify rights to use its advertising platform. Roku has now announced that their customers will be able to purchase products from Shopify merchants directly on their TV screens via Roku Action Ads. This integration comes as an extension to their present relationship.
Peter Hamilton, Roku’s Senior Director of Ad Innovation said,
Bringing a Shopify purchase experience to television for all merchants is an industry first. Roku democratizes access to TV advertising, and now we’re collapsing the funnel for Shopify merchants.
What are Roku Action Ads?
Roku Action Ads are an advertisement that consists of a down-funnel action design, providing services such as sending a text message, providing, and scanning a QR code, and making a purchase. Shopify is the latest addition to the list of clients leveraging Roku Action Ads alongside Walmart, and food delivery service, DoorDash.
Roku stated in their announcement that this partnership was “the first streaming commerce integration for independent Shopify merchants.” They also stated that it would establish an entirely fresh advertising channel for businesses.
How will it work?
Roku streaming users will be able to make purchases from Shopify through just one click on their Roku remotes. Here’s how:
- When a Shopify ad appears, the viewers can click on “OK” on their remotes to know more about the product.
- The users can then purchase the product using the on-screen function and complete the transaction using Roku Pay during check-out.
- The payment and shipping information would automatically be recognized from the customer’s Roku Pay details.
Image Credit: Roku
What’s in it for Advertisers?
This experience will help marketers to curtail the advertising funnel from brand awareness to purchases on big screens at home. It will strengthen the Roku-Shopify relationship, allowing the latter to launch ad campaigns with the help of Roku’s certified identity.
According to Roku, in addition to their audience being able to reach independent Shopify merchants, this integration will allow Shopify and advertisers to achieve in-depth insights into Roku’s customer data, purchase trends, and point-of-sale access.
The prime users of this collaboration will be Men’s Apparel Brand True Classic, the game-based, at-home workout challenge connector device Ergatta Rower, and wellness brand Olly.
Saaj Parikh, Director of Marketing, Ergatta, in her statement, said,
Our commerce efforts are all about meeting our target consumers where they are and providing a seamless path to purchase. Integrating the Shopify shopping experience with Roku was a no-brainer for us.
Paige Decker, Vice President of Growth at True Classic also stated that the Roku Action ads addressed their needs for “offering an amazing purchase experience and having a sound channel measurement.” She further added,
It helps us by providing a frictionless path to purchase for customers while allowing us to measure the impact of this strategy with end-to-end Shopify integration. Merging performance-based tactics on TV is a win-win.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- MediaFebruary 23, 2024M&C Saatchi Names Zaid Al-Qassab As New Global CEO
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024MCN, Part of IPG, Bolsters Leadership Team in MENAT; Appoints Lizzie Dewhurst as Chief Communications Officer
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024Vevo Collaborates with PubMatic for Programmatic Growth in CTV Advertising
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024Sociowash Awarded the Digital Mandate for Tide Arabia