Billionaire entrepreneur, Elon Musk, has entered the AI market with the launch of his much-awaited artificial intelligence start-up, ‘xAI’. Musk took to Twitter to announce that the formation of the said start-up was to “understand reality.” As per xAI’s website, their goal is to understand the “true nature of the universe.”
Announcing formation of @xAI to understand reality
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 12, 2023
Musk, who is currently heading X Corp, Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, and Twitter, will also lead xAI. However, xAI will be separate from X Corp, but work closely with X (Twitter), Tesla, and other companies to “make progress towards the mission.” The team consists of experienced specialists from DeepMind, OpenAI, Google Research, Microsoft Research, Tesla, and the University of Toronto. Dan Hendrycks, Director of the Center for AI Safety will serve as the advisor for the xAI team.
Elon Musk has previously served as the co-founder of OpenAI, the company that launched ChatGPT but stepped down from its board in 2018. This led to a lot of prompts stating that Musk wanted to launch his own alternative to the chatbot. He further criticized OpenAI’s chatbot, ChatGPT, claiming that it embraced left-wing biases. He had also stated that he would be soon working on launching an AI which would be called “TruthGPT” to rival Google’s BARD and Microsoft’s Bing AI.
Musk, along with 1,000 other prominent leaders had signed an open letter to halt the development of advanced AI systems stating the extreme threats that society and humanity would face. He, on several occasions, has emphasized the need to regulate the AI sector as it has the potential to destroy civilization.
In a Twitter Spaces discussion, he had mentioned that xAI was going to be “pro-humanity from the standpoint that humanity is just much more interesting than not-humanity.” With xAI, Musk plans to build a safer AI.
With the launch of xAI, Elon Musk has pioneered a new path toward better understanding the reality of AI developments. He has positioned himself as a forerunner in introducing moral frameworks in order to steer the industry.
In order to get more insights about the company, xAI has arranged for a Twitter Spaces chat on Friday, July 14th, where you can meet and ask questions to the panel.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- MediaFebruary 26, 2024Reliance and Disney Ink Binding Agreement to Combine Media Business in India
- TechnologyFebruary 26, 2024Saudi Ministry of Culture Introduces World’s First VR History Tours in Metaverse
- MediaFebruary 23, 2024M&C Saatchi Names Zaid Al-Qassab As New Global CEO
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024MCN, Part of IPG, Bolsters Leadership Team in MENAT; Appoints Lizzie Dewhurst as Chief Communications Officer