After Meta, E-commerce Giant Amazon Taps Snapchat For In-App Shopping Feature
Amazon announced that it will enable Snapchat users in the U.S. to make direct purchases from the social media platform for select Amazon products. Customers will be able to shop straight from Amazon ads for Snapchat and check out without ever leaving the app thanks to the partnership. The move is part of the e-commerce giant’s strategy to profit from the rising popularity of social media shopping.
Rise of social media influence on e-commerce firms
Some platforms, like TikTok, are launching their own online shopping services as a result of social networks’ growing influence on shopping trends and patterns. Conversely, e-commerce companies can access the subscriber base through other social media platforms such as Snapchat.
Benefits to Snapchat from the e-commerce integration
Snap, which has reported higher-than-expected revenue and user growth over the last three months, would benefit from the deal. Additionally, the data shows that marketers are reverting to using smaller platforms like Snapchat.
Amazon – Snapchat partnership
On some Amazon products, prospective customers will also be able to view real-time pricing, Prime eligibility, delivery estimates, and product details on Snapchat. It comes after the e-commerce behemoth’s agreement with Meta, which permits users of the online retailer to link their Facebook and Instagram accounts to Amazon and make purchases straight from the social media platforms. Amazon and Pinterest have a similar partnership. The collaboration might facilitate Snap’s advertising business’s comeback.
Here’s what they said
Amazon spokesperson said in a statement,
Customers in the U.S. will see real-time pricing, Prime eligibility, delivery estimates, and product details on select Amazon product ads in Snapchat as part of the new experience. In-app shopping with Amazon is available for select products advertised on Snapchat and sold by Amazon or by independent sellers in Amazon’s store.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- Media2023.12.11VideoAmp Introduces Commingled ID Solutions for Cookie-less Future
- Media2023.12.11OMD Defends its Media Responsibilities for DFI Retail Group in APAC
- Media2023.12.11Jio Haptik Introduces Contakt, A Gen-AI Customer Experience Platform
- Media2023.12.08Yahoo DSP Leverages Both AI and First Party Data For Campaign Advancement