Adtech Acquisition: Double Verify To Acquire Open Slate For $150 Million
Double Verify (DV), the digital media measurement, data, and analytics platform, has announced to acquire OpenSlate, a pre-campaign contextual targeting platform. It enables brands to align advertising with suitable or contextually relevant content across social video and CTV. The $150 million deal is in cash and stock transaction that is expected to close this quarter. Open Slate provides solutions that help to understand the nature and quality of ad-supported content on video-driven platforms like Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube. It operates across 37 international markets and supports large global brands and agencies.
Mark Zagorski, DoubleVerify CEO stated that the company’s mission is to make digital advertising stronger, safer, and more secure to give brands clarity and confidence in their digital investments,
“Our strategy in support of this mission is to verify everywhere – across channels, formats, platforms and geographies. The combination with OpenSlate fully supports this approach. OpenSlate’s pre-campaign solutions perfectly complement DV’s post-campaign measurement capabilities across CTV and social environments. Integrating the two provides advertisers with unparalleled end-to-end brand safety, suitability and contextual optimization. No other company will be able to deliver a fully-owned, integrated solution across the leading social and CTV walled gardens.”
How Will The Acquisition Benefit Social video and CTV Advertisers?
Social video and CTV advertisers will benefit from OpenSlate’s pre-activation brand suitability and contextual solutions, as well as DV’s established post-bid media quality measurement solutions.
In a highly digital ad world, ever-evolving cookie regulations, a decline in measurement solutions, and concerns about brand suitability have created a challenge for advertisers in their quest to better target and measure their ad spend. The alliance of Double Verify and Open Slate will offer a comprehensive toolset to address these challenges. This will contribute to the continued expansion of social video ads and CTV advertising that is projected to grow to $56B and $16B by 2023, respectively.
Interesting Read: Connected TV Explained: The Essential Glossary Of CTV
Further, this acquisition will increase DV’s value to advertisers in social video and CTV as well as strengthen the unmatched product leadership and innovation. Advertisers can leverage the unified targeting and quality measurement suite and coherently optimize campaigns, maximize performance and drive ROI.
Mike Henry, OpenSlate CEO said they are thrilled to join forces with Double Verify.
“Integrating with DV will be a natural evolution for our technology and will accelerate our ability to provide advertisers with comprehensive brand safety, suitability, and contextual solutions across social video and CTV.”
Interesting Read: All You Need To Know About Connected TV Advertising!
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA
- Blog2023.10.10Saffola’s Impactful 40 under 40: Inspiring Health Choices