According to research by Accenture, 60% of viewers are frustrated with the process of navigating between different streaming services and apps. Using this new ad format, content providers can present an interactive overlay that directs viewers to an app on VIZIO’s SmartCast platform. As a result, users have the option of continuing to watch content without having to look for something else afterward.
Interesting Read: A Look Ahead: Convergence Of Linear TV And Digital TV Advertising
FOX is the first company to test Jump Ads with its new series Welcome to Flatch, which concludes the premiere episode with Jump Ads. Upon viewing the premiere episode, viewers will be prompted to watch additional episodes of the program. They can also catch up on past episodes on the FOX Now app.
As a platform that encourages and increases viewership across formats, Jump Ads gives content providers a new way to engage viewers beyond a linear session through the ability to fully control and customize the user journey across platforms. This includes, for example, the option of choosing when the ads will appear, how often they appear, and even which application they will point to. Currently, VIZIO is working on multiple integrations with brands and content providers.
Interesting Read: All You Need To Know About Connected TV Advertising!
Adam Bergman, VP of Sales at VIZIO Ads said,
As the provider of both the TV hardware and software, VIZIO is in a unique position to create an environment that reduces friction and increases usability. Jump Ads represent yet another step in VIZIO’s ongoing mission to unify the smart TV experience with features that benefit viewers, content providers, and advertisers.
Natalie Park, SVP, Marketing Strategy, and Media at FOX Entertainment added,
Clearly, the viewing experience has changed, with both linear and streaming playing an integral role for the foreseeable future. Innovations like Jump Ads that integrate these formats for viewers create a better live, tune-in experience that caters to the on-demand expectation that the binge-watching cultural phenomenon has created.
Interesting Read: Connected TV Explained: The Essential Glossary Of CTV
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 23, 2024In Conversation with EssenceMediacom’s Soumak Banik: Media Insights Unveiled
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 16, 2024Havas Maher Saad El Din: Navigating Media’s Shifting Landscape
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 9, 2024Madison World’s Milan Modi Speaks: Crafting Success in Digital Advertising
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 1, 2024VML’s Karim Sioufi: Transformative Insights in Marketing Excellence