Twitter launched Twitter Data Dash, a browser game in Super Nintendo style that summarizes Twitter’s privacy policies. Its purpose is to teach people about the information that Twitter collects, how that information is used and what control users have over that information.
The social media giant says the game is designed to help users learn how to “safely navigate the Twitterverse.” The company said in a statement,
Through Twitter Data Dash, we hope to encourage more people around the world to take charge of their personal information on our service and maybe even have a little fun in the process. Transparency is core to our approach and we want to help you understand the information we collect, how it’s used, and the controls at your disposal.
So what’s different? We’ve emphasized clear language and moved away from legal jargon.
— Safety (@Safety) May 11, 2022
As of last week, Elon Musk had announced he would be pausing his $45 billion purchase of Twitter, after discovering some accounts on the site were fake. Despite the buzz surrounding the Musk deal, it remains to be seen if this vintage side-scrolling video game will excite the users and serve its purpose.
Interesting Read: 6 Data Privacy Trends To Look Out For In 2022!
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 23, 2024In Conversation with EssenceMediacom’s Soumak Banik: Media Insights Unveiled
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 16, 2024Havas Maher Saad El Din: Navigating Media’s Shifting Landscape
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 9, 2024Madison World’s Milan Modi Speaks: Crafting Success in Digital Advertising
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 1, 2024VML’s Karim Sioufi: Transformative Insights in Marketing Excellence