TikTok Widens Ad Options With New Marketing Tools, Rolls Out New Feature ‘Stitch’
The fate of TikTok in the U.S is looming amid negotiations with potential buyers. The future is a question mark now as President Trump said he plans to shut down the Chinese-owned app if it is unable to sell its U.S operations before September 20 over security concerns. Meanwhile, business is as usual for the short video sharing app as it rolls out a new marketing partner program that will be housed under TikTok business. The company also announced the debut of a new editing feature called Stitch which allows users the ability to clip and integrate scenes from another user’s video into their own. It is also testing the new in-app eCommerce feature.
Launched officially in June, TikTok business is the company’s advertising platform and a hub for all marketing solutions for the app. The new marketing partner program has nearly 20 partner companies that can support brands and marketers in creating, executing, measuring, and boosting their ad campaigns. It will include companies across categories like campaign management (e.g. Sprinklr and Bidalgo), creative development (e.g. QuickFrame and Shuttlerock), branded effects (e.g. Bare Tree Media and Byte), and measurement(e,g, Kantar). The complete collaboration list is given below.
It is common for social media apps to add marketing partners, that’s doubling down the money through ad tech-based on its growing and engaging audience. This shows that TikTok has expansion plans to work with big brands, leverage its strong audience growth to build advertising opportunities, and sell products to them in an innovative way.
Melissa Yang, head of Ecosystem Partnerships, TikTok, noted in the blog post,
“With the launch of TikTok For Business, we’re building new opportunities for marketers to be creative storytellers and meaningfully engage with the TikTok community.”
“We’re thrilled to collaborate with some of the most strategic and trusted leaders in the advertising industry and continue giving marketers access to more tools to successfully create, measure and optimize ad campaigns on TikTok. We can’t wait to collaborate with partners to bring a creative and joyful experience to our brand partners and the broader TikTok community.”
Stitch The Seams Of Your Video
Stitch, is a way to reinterpret and add to another user’s content, building on their stories, tutorials, recipes, math lessons, and more. It allows users to include up to five seconds of a video clip from another user in their own TikTok post.
Stitch has been in testing form in April and now its rolled out to users globally to kickstart a new trend in videos. TikTok said like Duets, users can decide whether to stitch videos or not by changing the settings for all videos in the Privacy settings or toggle for each individual video whether to use the feature or not.
Every video made by Stitch will attribute to the original creator in the caption and link directly to the original clipped video. This move ensures that the credit is given to the original creator and not get lost in the mix which is quite unusual on social media.
eCommerce Feature: In-app Video Shopping for Shopify and Teespring storefronts.
TikTok recently introduced an in-app shopping button to some users that directly links to e-commerce platforms like Shopify and Teespring in their videos. TikTok is partnering with eCommerce platforms to let creators sell merchandise directly through its app.
This new development will help TikTok to compete with its social media siblings like YouTube and Instagram. The shopping button will appear at the bottom left of the video and will be visible only in-app and not on a mobile browser or desktop. Creators can monetize their influence through merchandising and direct-to-consumer sales and can secure their own deals for sponsored posts. As per Business Insider reports, Teespring’s CEO said,
Its partnership with TikTok has drawn new interest in its merchandise and e-commerce tools from TikTokers. The company registered 900 new TikTok accounts on its platform in the first 24 hours after the integration was made public — a 13% increase
Presently, the shopping link feature works only with Teespring and Shopify, and users are not allowed to add links to unsupported websites. To add an e-commerce button to a ToikTok video, select add link choose a product on the video publishing page, and to this TikTok will automatically add a #sponsred hashtag to each post. The feature is still under evaluation before a full rollout.
Final List Of Collaboration With the Marketing Partners, As Per TikTok
Campaign Management –Partners that help plan, create, optimize, and measure marketing campaigns.
- Bidalgo – Bidalgo drives growth and reduces user acquisition complexity for mobile marketers, leveraging AI to generate actionable insights and powerful automation capabilities for creative production and media buying.
- Bidshake – Empowers fast, efficient and reliable campaign management by enabling real-time, automated cross-channel actions based on aggregated data all from one platform.
- Sprinklr – The world’s leading Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform.
- WinClap – The marketing company that provides advanced AI analytics, expertise, and creative production to boost the performance of your campaigns
- MakeMeReach – Multi-channel ads management platform optimized for scale.
Creative Development – To build assets like videos that work on TikTok
- QuickFrame – More than a marketplace connecting bro content at scale.
- Shuttlerock – Transforms existing brand assets into stunning handcrafted video ads.
- VidMob – Leading creative analytics & post-production platform that uses data to understand your creaands to video creators. We help businesses grow by transforming the way they produce videtive, improve your ads and increase marketing performance.
- Vidsy – Helping brands achieve their business goals with effective digital ad creative.
- Cohley – Helps brands and agencies cost-effectively scale the creation of UGC videos for ads.
Branded Effects- Partners that provide Virtual and Augmented-Reality services to brands from ideation to production for TikTok Branded Effects.
- Bare Tree Media – A full-service creative agency enabling brands to reach, engage and entertain consumers through the creation and digital publishing of augmented reality (AR), emojis, messaging stickers and GIFs within popular messaging platforms.
- Byte – Global specialists in branded AR, Byte is a martech agency that combines technology and creativity to help solve brands’ challenges.
- Happy Finish – Global creative production collective studio, creating realities. We specialize in cross-platform services including Retouch, CGI, Animation, VFX, VR, AR & Mixed Reality and Creative AI, and craft experiences for some of the biggest brands and agencies in the world.
- IgniteXR – Ignite XR is an end-to-end creative solutions group for augmented reality, creating integrated AR campaigns for brands and translating ideas into engaging immersive creative experiences.
- Poplar Studio – A global creative platform that makes the creation of 3D and AR campaigns easier, faster, affordable and fun — including face filters, world effects, mini-games, portals and image trackers.
- Subvrsive – Subvrsive is an immersive innovation studio focused on creating content, software and experiences that transform businesses on a global scale.
- Tommy – A modern communications agency that uses technology, strategy and award-winning design to help brands earn the attention of their audiences.
- Unit9 – A production studio focusing on AR/VR, Digital, Experiential, Gaming, Innovation and Film projects.
Measurement – To target and analyze campaigns
- Kantar – The world’s leading data, insights and consulting company.
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.12.08In Conversation with Mindshare’s Amit Lall: Mastering Digital Dynamics
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA