- TikTok for Business moves into social commerce with Shopify deal in the Middle East.
- Shopify merchants can now access TikTok for business Ads Manager without leaving the former’s dashboard.
TikTok recently extended a partnership agreement with Shopify to the Middle East after their collaboration last year. The partnership will enable brands to create shoppable video ads and campaigns directly geared towards TikTok’s high engaging community. Brands and advertisements are an integral part of the TikTok experience and customers in this region like to connect with their preferred brands. Shant Oknayan, general manager of global business solutions for TikTok in the Middle East, Africa, Turkey, and Pakistan says,
“We are very excited to announce this partnership with Shopify in the Middle East, giving merchants a unique platform to reach new audiences in an engaging and creative way like nowhere else.”
Neilson’s study states that 88% of TikTok users discover new content that they enjoy while using the app, and 50% discover new products through advertisements posted by a product or brand. To keep up with this, TikTok has taken several steps such as introducing new ad formats as well as achieving brand safety certification. Oknayan further said,
“As we continue to develop our platform to bring businesses of all sizes innovative and fun ways to connect with new customers, as well as get the best out of their campaigns, we are confident this partnership with Shopify is a big step in this direction and the start of a promising future in the e-commerce arena.”
Social commerce has been an emerging channel for merchants to reach out to newer audiences. Through this partnership, TikTok aims to make it easier for Shopify merchants to tap the creativity of the TikTok community and optimize their marketing campaigns. They can also benefit from the core functions of the TikTok For Business Ads Manager integrated into the Shopify dashboard. In simple terms, TikTok’s suite of ads allows to showcase creativity and tell stories legitimately, grow audiences and generate optimal results at a lower cost.
Satish Kanwar, Vice President of Product at Shopify expressing optimism said,
“TikTok is one of the world’s fastest-growing entertainment platforms with over 100 million highly engaged users in the US alone. The TikTok channel means Shopify merchants—even those without a strong TikTok following of their own yet—can connect with these new audiences using content that feels authentic and genuine to the TikTok experience.”
Some key points of the partnership include:
Seamless and Streamlines operation
Shopify Merchants can set up an account and payment options seamlessly as well as easily track conversions by installing TikTok Pixel.
One-Stop-Shop for all
Merchants can easily create and optimize campaigns, target audiences, and track performance all under one go
Testing New Commercial Features:
TikTok will also start testing new commercial features that will make it easy for users to discover Shopify merchants in the Middle East and shop their products within the app.
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.12.08In Conversation with Mindshare’s Amit Lall: Mastering Digital Dynamics
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA