Snapchat Spotlight Challenges & Other Monetization Tools For Creators!
According to Variety, Snap is pushing boundaries with new tools for Snapchat creators that will help them bring in more cash. Snap is launching Spotlight Challenges next month, which will provide cash prizes ranging from $1,000 to $25,000 to users with the most views in various categories.
This technology is a ramped version of Snap’s rival (like TikTok), Spotlight’s monetization tool. Before we explore the other tools that Snap is introducing, let us delve deeper into – Spotlight Challenges.
Snapchat Spotlight Challenges: Cha-Ching!
Snapchat will be offering the aforementioned cash rewards to artists who create the most entertaining videos using certain AR lenses, sounds, or topics.
Snapchat users may enter Spotlight Challenges to earn cash rewards for generating postings in a variety of categories, such as “Best Trick Shot” and “Impressions Challenge.”
Individual Spotlight Challenge prizes will generally range from $1,000 to $25,000, though Snap stated it may pay out a greater figure for a specific challenge on occasion. A Snapchat user may earn a minimum of $250 in a Spotlight Challenge.
If you are wondering, what are the rules for this challenge? Well, the only rule is…there are no rules.
Apart from being a legal resident of one of the 50 United States and be above 16 years of age, participants must suffice to a lot of rules that you can find – here.
According to Snap, each challenge would typically award prizes to an average of 3-5 eligible Snapchatters. Each contest’s top 50 qualifying, relevant, and most-viewed contributions will be judged on their ingenuity and novelty, creative use of Snap creative tools, distinctive point-of-view, and entertainment quotient.
Now, how to find these spotlight challenges on the Snapchat app?
The challenges may be found on the Trending Page by tapping the “trending up” sign in the upper right corner of the app’s Spotlight. The description and submissions provided by the community will be shown on each Spotlight Challenge’s website.
To submit a video to a contest, users may press the camera icon to launch the Snapchat camera and make and enter a Snap.
Interesting Read: TikTok MENA Newsroom: An Opportunity For The Region’s Finest Creators!
What Else Is New For Snapchat Users?
Apart from Spotlight Challenges, Snap is also rolling out other tools to increase income options for creators. Here are some other new changes that Snapchat plans to introduce –
- Snap is also bolstering its Creator Marketplace, allowing Snap Stars ( as they are dubbed) to secure sponsorships and tag brands in sponsored content
- Snapchat will also globally launch ‘ Creator Hub’, the company’s pioneer resource guide tool
- Snap’s gifting functionality, which allows followers to send money directly to creator accounts, might also be potentially rolled out worldwide
These changes are part of Snap’s efforts to dissuade prominent artists from switching sides to competitors like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, which are all investing substantially in incentives in the next two years alone – to entice creators to their networks.
- Neha Shah
- MarketingFebruary 26, 2022GroupM Launches Programmatic Marketplace, Result of Licensing Deals with Magnite and PubMatic
- MediaFebruary 25, 2022In a First, Walmart Reveals its $2.1B Advertising Revenue!
- MarketingFebruary 24, 2022Roku’s Streaming System is Clearly it’s Bonanza for Q4!
- TechnologyFebruary 22, 2022Yahoo Launches Cookieless ID Targeting Solutions for the Open Web