Snapchat Advertising: New Multi-format Ad Delivery To Increase Reach
Snapchat globally rolls out an industry-first offering, ‘Multi-format delivery’, enabling advertisers to buy multiple ad formats in a single integrated ad set. It allows advertisers to optimize their campaigns toward their key objectives.
Multi-Format delivery supports all types of video ads, including Collection Ads, Commercials, and Snap Ads, and Story Ads. Snap plans on introducing self-serve augmented reality formats by the second quarter of 2022 for multi-format delivery. By doing so, it will help Snap introduce augmented reality advertising to more marketers.
Interesting Read: Mediabrands and Snap Inc Collaborates For A Mobile Video Measurement
Embrace The Machine Learning System
This multi-format delivery option is intended to help advertisers be more flexible with campaign setup, so Snap’s Auctions can handle the optimization-related work. As part of a set, Snap determines the best inventory to deliver across all formats.
As quoted by Adexchanger, Peter Naylor, Snap VP of sales for America said,
“When we allow machine learning to do its thing, we’re opening the aperture of possible inventory where an ad can run. It might be somewhere a brand hadn’t even conceived of before.”
Advertisers should not resist giving up manual control over the bidding and embrace the system to see the outcome for effective pricing.
How Does It Work?
Within Snap Ads’ set up, a new ‘Multiple Formats Ad Set’ option will enable advertisers to bundle various creative options for placement across Snap’s suite of apps. It will enable advertisers to evaluate the efficiency of each format and assess its contribution to the success of their campaign.
A Snap ad set with multi-format delivery closely resembles a Facebook ad set: a collection of ads with similar settings for how, when, and where to show them. It will bring something new to the table, though when Snap will begin offering AR formats ad sets next year.
As reported by Adexchanger, Naylor said,
“This is going to unlock augmented reality for advertisers and show them that they can use it to accelerate their results in combination with everything else.”
He further added,
“Once we let machine learning reveal where the best inventory is against their goals, target or bids, they can focus more on the creative itself.”
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 23, 2024In Conversation with EssenceMediacom’s Soumak Banik: Media Insights Unveiled
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 16, 2024Havas Maher Saad El Din: Navigating Media’s Shifting Landscape
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 9, 2024Madison World’s Milan Modi Speaks: Crafting Success in Digital Advertising
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 1, 2024VML’s Karim Sioufi: Transformative Insights in Marketing Excellence