Publicis Groupe won a lion’s share of Mondelez’s global media business – the makers of Cadbury and Oreo worth $1.6bn, as per media reports. The remaining business is with WPP and Vayner Media.
Publicis will lead the business in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and the North African Peninsula, South Africa, and China. It will also manage Mondelez’s traditional video investment, content, and multicultural marketing in the U.S. and Canada. Publicis Groupe has gained $450 million of media billings across Europe, including the UK and Italy (formerly handled by Carat) as well as France and Germany (formerly handled by Wavemaker). By acquiring major European markets, it is estimated that it has increased the global billings from 30% to 70%
The redistribution of the business took place following a review that concluded this week. VaynerMedia has continued to lead communications planning and digital buying in the US and Canada. WPP has been appointed to lead Mondelez business in Southeast Asia, India, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.
Mondelez is one of the world’s largest advertisers, spending $1.6 billion on advertising in 2021. Recent years have seen Publicis Groupe slowly expand its share of Mondelez advertising services.
Campaign UK quoted a Mondelez spokesperson as saying,
“To lead the future of snacking, we are continuing to evolve our marketing approach to be more consumer-centric and digitally-enabled than ever before. Since our last media review in 2018, we have re-engineered our agency model across creative and production to deliver meaningful impact to the Mondelez business.
After a careful review, we are proud to announce key media agency partners have been selected to build on this foundation and further accelerate our growth.”
Interesting Read: The Journey From Deterministic To Probabilistic Marketing
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 23, 2024In Conversation with EssenceMediacom’s Soumak Banik: Media Insights Unveiled
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 16, 2024Havas Maher Saad El Din: Navigating Media’s Shifting Landscape
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 9, 2024Madison World’s Milan Modi Speaks: Crafting Success in Digital Advertising
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 1, 2024VML’s Karim Sioufi: Transformative Insights in Marketing Excellence