At the AAAI Annual General Meeting on December 1, Prasanth Kumar, CEO-South Asia of GroupM Media (India) Pvt Ltd, was re-elected to the position of President of the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) for the 2023–2024 term. The Association unanimously chose Rana Barua, Group CEO of Havas Worldwide India, as vice president. As the immediate past president of AAAI, Anupriya Acharya, Chief Executive Officer of Publicis Group South Asia, will serve as an ex-officio member of the AAI Board from 2023 to 2024.
Other elected members of the AAAI Board
- Sam Balsara – Madison Communications Pvt. Ltd
- Tanya Goyal – Everest Brand Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Vishandas Hardasani – Matrix Publicities and Media India Pvt Ltd
- Mohit Joshi – Havas Media India Pvt Ltd
- Kunal Lalani – Crayons Advertising
- Chandramouli Muthu – Maitri Advertising Works Pvt Ltd
- Sridhar Ramasubramanian – Beehive Communications Pvt Ltd
- Vikram Sakhuja – Platinum Advertising Pvt Ltd
- K Srinivas – Sloka Advertising Pvt Ltd
Here’s what they said
Prasanth Kumar, CEO-South Asia of GroupM Media (India) Pvt Ltd said,
I am deeply grateful to the members of the AAAI for re- electing me as President, a role I accept with great honor and responsibility. Our collective vision is to strengthen an inclusive environment, actively engaging with all stakeholders to shape a dynamic and future-ready organization. Our commitment is steadfast in strengthening unwavering support for every member, recognizing that while we have achieved a few milestones together, there is still a considerable journey ahead. This prospect excites us; it fuels our motivation. When we collaborate and exert our combined efforts, we not only enhance each year for everyone involved but also solidify our resolve to be architects of change within our industry. We stand dedicated to not just witnessing but actively creating a transformative era, steering our organization towards new horizons of innovation and impact.
On his appointment as Vice President, AAAI Rana Barua commented,
I am passionate about policymaking that leads to impactful and positive changes to the advertising industry, that benefit all the stakeholders, including, media, consumers, and advertising agencies. I believe in the potential of advertising to foster economic development and enhance meaningful social changes. I look forward to collaborating with the AAAI members to bring these shared goals to life.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- MediaFebruary 21, 2024Walmart Reveals Plans to Acquire Smart TV Maker VIZIO for $2.3B
- MediaFebruary 21, 2024GOZOOP HAWKS Secures Listening and Digital Response Management Duties for Amazon miniTV
- MediaFebruary 20, 2024Eyeota and Vistar Media Partner to Enhance DOOH Targeting
- MediaFebruary 20, 2024Dentsu Creative Bags the Creative Mandate for Motorola India