Perfetti Van Melle, a famous Italian confectionery firm, has named Nikhil Sharma as its new managing director for the Indian business. Sharma currently serves as Perfetti Van Melle Vietnam’s managing director.
Perfetti Van Melle appoints Sharma as MD for India business
In 1999, Sharma began his career as a management trainee at Perfetti Van Melle. He held a range of sales and marketing positions before leading the marketing unit in 2012. He made the move to general management in 2015 and started taking on overseas responsibilities, serving as the managing director of Perfetti Van Melle Vietnam and the head of Perfetti Van Melle Philippines initially.
Campaigns Nikhil Sharma oversaw
In February 2024, he will assume the role of Managing Director for Perfetti’s India office, using his vast global experience to support the business’s operations. During his previous time in India, PVM launched several successful ads, such as Lollipops – Lagey Raho, Chlormint Salman Khan’s Dobara Mat Poochna campaign, Big Babol advertisements, and Alpenliebe Kajol and the Crocodile.
Following the departure of outgoing MG Rajesh Ramakrishnan, who left the company after six years, Sharma is returning to India. Ramakrishnan held the positions of chief of marketing at Hindustan Times and head of global marketing at Apollo Tyres before joining PVM.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- MediaFebruary 26, 2024Reliance and Disney Ink Binding Agreement to Combine Media Business in India
- TechnologyFebruary 26, 2024Saudi Ministry of Culture Introduces World’s First VR History Tours in Metaverse
- MediaFebruary 23, 2024M&C Saatchi Names Zaid Al-Qassab As New Global CEO
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024MCN, Part of IPG, Bolsters Leadership Team in MENAT; Appoints Lizzie Dewhurst as Chief Communications Officer