YouTube makes its ads shoppable on Connected TV (CTV). The video action campaigns expansion to Connected TV will help advertisers reach more potential customers. Video action campaigns combine inventory from Google and YouTube video partners and now YouTube CTV. Advertisers can take advantage of YouTube on CTV to generate leads and conversions.
Romana Pawar, Director of Product Management for YouTube Ads said,
To help consumers more easily learn about the products and services they’re interested in, we’re making YouTube ads on connected TVs more shoppable.
She further added that the expansion is beneficial to the advertisers as well,
We’re expanding Video action campaigns to CTVs to help advertisers drive more online sales or generate leads, and grow their business.
Related Read: All You Need To Know About Connected TV Advertising!
Connected TV & Youtube Ads: How Does It Work?
Viewers can watch video action campaigns on TV, and a URL appears at the bottom of their screens that facilitate shopping. They can click on the URL to be whisked away directly to the brand’s website from their mobile or desktop without interrupting their viewing session.
On the advertisers’ side, they can measure the effectiveness of the campaign in real-time using Conversion Lift beta on user actions such as website visits, sign-ups, and purchases.
An internal study shows that in the U.S., over 120 million people streamed YouTube or YouTube TV on their TV screens in December 2020. Early studies indicate that more than 90% of conversions originating from CTV would not have been reachable from mobile and desktop devices. It is thus evident that “the living room is becoming an essential place for brands to attract new audiences.”
Video action campaigns are now available around the world through Google Ads.
Interesting Read: Trade Desk Partners With Samsung Ads For Programmatic CTV
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.12.08In Conversation with Mindshare’s Amit Lall: Mastering Digital Dynamics
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA