OMD Defends its Media Responsibilities for DFI Retail Group in APAC
Multinational advertising company OMD has effectively defended its media account for DFI Retail Group, a major pan-Asian retailer with locations in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Hong Kong. After a competitive pitch, the agency will continue to handle its media responsibilities in APAC. The account, which is valued at almost $40 million, covers DFI’s subsidiary brands, including Mannings, Ikea, and Cold Storage.
OMD’s Media Duties for DFI Retail Group
During the pitching process, OMD was up against Mindshare, Dentsu, Publicis, and Mediabrands. With $1.2 billion in billings from 122 accounts, the agency led the global advertising agency rankings for new business activity from January to August 2023. This year, the agency has been extremely successful. In 2019, DFI Retail gave OMD its media mandate for the first time. Most recently, Bacardi, a spirits company, awarded OMD the global media account. After a competitive review, British fashion house Burberry also selected it in December 2022 to handle its worldwide media planning and buying responsibilities.
OMD’s recent wins
One of its most recent victories was the $187 million global account for the biggest privately held spirits company in the world, Bacardi. Nevertheless, OMD also lost many significant accounts. For instance, the $30.8 million French spirits brand Remy Cointreau in China. Another account was the $6.7 million Australian pharmaceutical company (a confidential client).
DFI Retail Group Collaborations
However, DFI Retail Group awarded M&C Saatchi Singapore a three-year contract with a one-year optional extension. The contract covered both Singapore and Malaysia in October 2022, capping their regional social pitch. DFI’s account in Malaysia will be managed by M&C Saatchi Malaysia. M&C Saatchi Malaysia and Singapore will collaborate to handle the work under the two verticals of digital strategy and creative for DFI’s SEO, social media, and electronic dance music initiatives. The account is already under work.
- Netra is a Dual Masters graduate in International Business and Marketing. She is a content-writing enthusiast and a social media addict. In her downtime, you will find her headbanging to Pop songs from around the world. She is also a sports fanatic and especially loves F1, Volleyball, and Cricket. Her hobbies are baking and watching Anime.
- MediaFebruary 26, 2024Reliance and Disney Ink Binding Agreement to Combine Media Business in India
- TechnologyFebruary 26, 2024Saudi Ministry of Culture Introduces World’s First VR History Tours in Metaverse
- MediaFebruary 23, 2024M&C Saatchi Names Zaid Al-Qassab As New Global CEO
- MediaFebruary 22, 2024MCN, Part of IPG, Bolsters Leadership Team in MENAT; Appoints Lizzie Dewhurst as Chief Communications Officer