Nielsen Introduces Nielsen Identity System for Digital Ad Ratings in India
Nielsen has announced the launch of its Nielsen Identity System in India. The company will enhance its open web methodology in India for digital ad ratings through the identity system alongside seven other markets: Germany, Australia, Japan, Spain, Indonesia, Canada, and Brazil.
How will the Nielsen Identity System help advertisers in India?
The India launch of the Nielsen Identity System follows the successful launches in Italy, France, and the UK last year. Through this, advertisers and publishers are able to measure the reach and frequency of their audiences, by removing demographic data duplication across mobile and PC platforms, allowing them to track accurate people-based metrics when a digital advert is viewed. Using both Nielsen’s and third-party providers’ data, the system will link digital ad impressions on the open web with Indian demographic data.
In India, it is powered by more than 700 million device identifiers in a privacy-centric manner. Nielsen will continue to work and expand its relationship with global and local data providers to increase coverage within the Nielsen Identity System. In addition to Nielsen’s unique data assets, and advanced machine learning models, these strategic relationships make Nielsen a leader in digital ad measurement in India and globally.
The company will introduce the identity system in Singapore, Mexico, Thailand, The Philippines, and Hong Kong in May. This launch is one of many steps in the company’s global Nielsen ONE strategy, the future of cross-media measurement.
Interesting Read: Is Measurement Giant Nielsen $16Bn Buyout A Hope For Turnaround?
And that’s what they said
Dolly Jha, Nielsen India’s Managing Director said,
We’re leading the way in tackling digital consumer behaviour fragmentation. From granularity, to large-scale measurement, we’re delivering actionable insights to help advertisers measure, manage and optimise their campaign budgets and results.
Sarah Miller, SVP, of product management, at Nielsen said,
With this enhancement to our Identity System we are taking another step to assure the continuity of ad measurement amidst the rapidly evolving digital ecosystem.
Because of Nielsen’s unique data assets, we are not only able to adjust and correct licensed third party demographic data using panels, we have also developed sophisticated machine learning algorithms to cluster digital identifiers into people and correct for any possible imbalances from the market’s universe of users. It is this advanced data science methodology fueled by the sheer volume of Nielsen Identities that will empower the digital ad measurement into the future.
Interesting Read: Here, There, Everywhere, It Is Cross-Screen Advertising!
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA
- Blog2023.10.10Saffola’s Impactful 40 under 40: Inspiring Health Choices