Meta Makes Instant Messaging Fun, Launches New Features On Instagram
Meta introduced seven new messaging features to Instagram. The social media giant aims to make more investments in messaging to help users connect in a seamless way. In the new update, Meta is focused on Direct Messages and has rolled out only in select countries. It will make it available globally later.
Interesting Read: Instagram Rolls Out Ad Feature To The Shops Tab Globally
New Instagram Features can help users browse and chat at the right time. It also customizes message threads.
Browse and reply: Received a direct message (DM) while browsing? Tap the in-app notification to bring up the Reply text box. IT allows you to compose a reply and send it without having to navigate to the Inbox. This feature only seems to support text responses at present.
Quick DM’s: Reshare Instagram interesting content which can be a meme, video, or photo instantly just by tapping and holding the share button.
Who’s online: Bored and wondering who to chat with? Look no further than Instagram! Newly added to your Inbox is a horizontal list of all your online friends.
Song Preview: Can’t the song out of your head? Share it with your connections. The latest feature is enabled by integrations with Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify. You can send a 30-second song preview to your friends to listen directly in the DM.
Silent Messages: Send messages without disturbing friends during the night or when they’re busy by adding “@silent” to your message. It’ll not notify them but just sit there patiently waiting for them to eventually check their Inbox.
Lo-Fi: The new lo-fi chat theme makes your conversations feel more personal and chill.
Group Polls: Deciding on a meal plan or meet-up with friends? The new chat feature on Instagram allows creating a poll directly in your group chat.
Instagram is steadily becoming a more reliable Instant Messaging (IM) platform with these new features and additions. As Meta already supports cross-messaging between Facebook and Instagram, it only makes sense that something of the former should be added to the latter. This can only unify the two and smooth out the irregularities that cause them to be uniquely distinct.
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 23, 2024In Conversation with EssenceMediacom’s Soumak Banik: Media Insights Unveiled
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 16, 2024Havas Maher Saad El Din: Navigating Media’s Shifting Landscape
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 9, 2024Madison World’s Milan Modi Speaks: Crafting Success in Digital Advertising
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 1, 2024VML’s Karim Sioufi: Transformative Insights in Marketing Excellence