Meta Audience Network announced a new ad format ‘Rewarded Interstitial Ads’ on Wednesday. The rewarded interstitial ads are new, user-friendly, skippable format. It allows game developers to reward players in-game after completing a video view, encouraging longer sessions.
How rewarded interstitial ads work
In the blog, the company said place the ads at gameplay moments when rewarding players is suitable. The players can opt out after 5 seconds of ads played. However, they can also receive an in-game reward, like coins or extra lives for viewing the full video.
In its blog post, the mobile monetization platform explained how rewarded interstitial advertising helps game developers:
Improve user experience: This skippable, non-intrusive ad format doesn’t interrupt players during application events resulting in higher retention.
Increase session length: By offering rewards for watching the ads, gamers are motivated to continue playing, resulting in fewer lapsed players.
Make an impression: These interactive, full-screen ads can grab attention when placed at natural transition points or breaks in the game like in-between activities or game levels.
Monetize more players: Rewarded interstitials can be tested to monetize players who may not engage with rewarded video and in-app purchases.
Interesting Read: Your Ultimate Guide to Understanding Gaming Advertising
Best practices for implementing rewarded interstitial ads
Take a closer look to implement the new ad option including a review of the in-game economy and consider the placement strategically to avoid cannibalizing other ad formats. To test the effectiveness of ads, add a pre-prompt screen at the beginning of the video to inform players what rewards they will receive.
Manish Gajria, Director, Product Management at Meta said,
“Publishers told us they wanted new opportunities to monetize gaming apps, and we listened. We’re proud to launch rewarded interstitial ads: an improved consent-driven interstitial experience aimed at driving higher eCPMs and increased player engagement for Instant Games and native mobile game apps. Next, our teams will look into ways publishers can get the most out of this innovative format by sharing best practices and recommendations.”
Interesting Read: Have You Played Netflix Games?
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA
- Blog2023.10.10Saffola’s Impactful 40 under 40: Inspiring Health Choices