- Instagram launches the ad feature in the Shops tab globally
- Users can click on the Instagram Shop Advertisment to browse or view product details or save the product to the personal wishlist.
- This marks the latest update of Facebook’s ongoing commercialization strategy to monetize every segment of its social media empire.
Instagram announced the launch of ads in the Shop tab globally, rolling out in countries where Shop Tab has already been in operation. The aim is to earn more advertising dollars from brands hoping to reach new customers. The global roll-out allows brands to showcase their products to a larger audience who are already in a mood to browse.
This marks Instagram’s latest update in the ever-evolving and booming social commerce space. The photo-sharing app already has adverts sprouting on Reels, Stories, individual feeds, or suggested posts. Instagram Shop is a photo and video sharing app tab that allows users to browse items like clothing and beauty products, and let them buy directly through the app.
In the new feature, advertisements will appear as tiles on the Shop Tab, enabling the user to click on the ad and directly navigate to the product detail page, from where the potential buyers can read up and check additional photographs. The user can also browse other products of the respective brand. If a user does not want to purchase the product immediately then can save the details on a personal wishlist or share them with friends.
Instagram has previously tested Shop ads with a few U.S advertisers like Away, Donny, Boo Oh, Clare paint but now is open to brands globally. As reported by Tech Crunch, these ads will launch with an auction-based model and only appear on mobile as Shops is not available on the desktop.
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA
- Blog2023.10.10Saffola’s Impactful 40 under 40: Inspiring Health Choices