Index Exchange Joins Hands with Prebid.Org to Deal with Industry Crisis
Prebid.org an organization that manages open source Prebid programmatic advertising solution announced that Index exchange (IX), one of the highly known supply-side platforms has joined them at the leader level. Mike O’Sullivan, Vice President of Product at IX has also joined the board.
Independent adtech firms are struggling to monetize the open web. As the regulations increase and third party cookies decline, the advertising ecosystem continues to face challenges in searching for new ways to track and monetize users on the open web. This reinforces the need for industry leaders to come together to build a collaborative solution otherwise there are high chances of intense competition from the duopoly like Google and Facebook.
Mike O’Sullivan said in a statement,
“The industry has very little time to solve for what’s to come after the third-party cookie, and we know collaboration is going to be an essential element of our path forward.”
“In addition to solving the third-party cookie challenge, publishers are increasingly trying to monetize in an omnichannel world, and with that comes complexity. Prebid.org is an excellent forum to discuss, design, and standardize potential solutions with a wide variety of stakeholders.”
Prebid.org is an industry-wide supported initiative to promote the fair, transparent, and efficient unified auction. Participating members contribute to the open-source projects like Prebid.js, Prebid Server, and Prebid Mobile. Index Exchange will be joining the Prebid.org team of 55 member companies that include CafeMedia, Magnite, MediaMath, OpenX, PubMatic, SpotX, StreamAMP, The Trade Desk, and Xandr.
Tom Levesque, President of Prebid.org said,
“We’re very excited to have Index Exchange join Prebid.org. The community is looking forward to their contributions and leadership across the ecosystem.”
“IX’s participation solidifies Prebid.org’s role as the best place for publishers, SSPs, DSPs, and buyers to create the future of the unified auction.”
Adtech companies are collaborating together to find a solution to third-party cookies after Google announced turning web trackers from Chrome by 2022. and recently, Index Exchange took Live Ramp cookieless identity products globally in an effort to connect publishers and advertisers.
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.17Exploring Ad Landscape Shifts: In conversation with Deepika Bansal from Dentsu X
- Interview and Guest Post2023.11.07Ameer Ismail’s Decades-Long PR Odyssey: Navigating a Dynamic Landscape
- Interview and Guest Post2023.10.13Roman Olivarez: From Films to Ads, A Creative Journey with MullenLowe TREYNA
- Blog2023.10.10Saffola’s Impactful 40 under 40: Inspiring Health Choices