Foodpanda Forays Into Adtech In Partnership With Group M
The largest food and grocery delivery platform Foodpanda officially announced the launch of panda ads, its suite of advertising technology (AdTech), and marketing solutions.
Originally introduced as a proof-of-concept in 2021, panda ads enable brands to reach millions of digital-native consumers beyond traditional channels. With the launch, foodpanda unveiled a suite of integrated advertising features, including the Foodpanda app, digital marketing assets, and new partnership programs. Through panda ads, foodpanda aims to help brands increase their visibility and reach, improve sales conversion, and build brand awareness to drive sales.
Interesting Read: Meta and JioMart Will Launch Chat-To-Cart Services In India
Accelerating the growth of Panda Ads In partnership with Group M
Food Panda has joined forces with leading media investment agency Group M in line with this launch. This partnership allows GroupM clients to tap into the fast-growing AdTech space by activating Foodpanda’s in-app advertising and other media assets and collaborating with foodpanda on brand partnerships and campaigns. The partnership spans seven markets – Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Pakistan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
Kiranjeet Singh Purba, senior director of advertising and partnerships at foodpanda, said in the blog post,
“foodpanda has worked extensively to improve our ads solutions over the past year, and we are excited to offer advertisers a new, full suite of ad solutions with panda ads. We are especially thrilled to kick off our panda ads launch with a partnership with leading agency GroupM, and believe this will help their clients tap into new areas of digital marketing in Asia.”
Meanwhile, Toni Ruotanen, head of commerce for APAC at GroupM Nexus, commented,
“Our partnership with panda ads covers an extensive region – across seven markets – opening up expansive possibilities for our clients in the digital and mobile space to enhance their brand visibility and increase business impact. panda ads’ innovative tech will see a great degree of personalization and targeted advertisements, which charts the way forward in retail media.”
With GroupM, Food Panda aims to bridge the online gap between brands and customers as well as enhance its Adtech vertical.
Interesting Read: Procter & Gamble Support Trade Desk’s Unified 2.0
Bridging the online gap for advertisers
As an integrated advertising solution, panda ads offers a full suite of advertising options, from static or carousel images to videos and lead-generating ads.
Brands can also leverage Foodpanda’s social media channels and enter collaborative partnerships across Foodpanda’s verticals. These build brand visibility and allow for performance tracking and monitoring. panda ads support brands with their digital marketing campaigns by providing-
- Using Panda ads, brands are able to plan and execute their digital marketing campaigns more quickly.
- Ad campaigns are designed and managed directly on Foodpanda’s platform which results in quicker implementation. In just two weeks after campaign approval, foodpanda’s ads can go live.
- Ad assets also have prime visibility on the order tracking page, which captures consumers’ attention for a longer period (up to 30 minutes for quick-commerce deliveries, for example), and as a result, video ads have a 70 to 80 percent completion rate.
- Advertisers tailor their campaigns to incorporate a variety of solutions, ranging from in-app advertising to digital marketing channels, depending on their unique objectives.
- Furthermore, foodpanda provides the largest reach in the region, across 11 markets — Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan, providing the widest coverage among all on-demand delivery players in the region.
- Advertisers can run ads across all foodpanda verticals – including food delivery and pick-ups, grocery deliveries via Pandamart, and foodpanda shops. The Panda Ads network is ideal for brands who want to reach digital-native consumers who value convenience and order food and groceries regularly.
- Lastly, foodpanda offers exclusive advertising to selected partners with exclusive opportunities to collaborate with its beloved brand ambassador, Pau-Pau.
Brands that have already signed up for panda ads span a broad range of industries, including Tiger Brokers, Heineken, Huawei, and many others. Globally, the market potential for AdTech is expected to reach US$1 trillion by 2030. Separately, food panda’s parent company, Delivery Hero, predicted that AdTech services would generate more than €2 billion by 2024 or 2025.
Panda ads are designed to offer a seamless experience in the native app environment. It will support brands from the start to the end campaign journey- from ideation, activation, and measurement.
Interesting Read: The Journey From Deterministic To Probabilistic Marketing
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 23, 2024In Conversation with EssenceMediacom’s Soumak Banik: Media Insights Unveiled
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 16, 2024Havas Maher Saad El Din: Navigating Media’s Shifting Landscape
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 9, 2024Madison World’s Milan Modi Speaks: Crafting Success in Digital Advertising
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 1, 2024VML’s Karim Sioufi: Transformative Insights in Marketing Excellence