Amazon quietly rolled out its most popular gaming service ‘Prime Gaming’ in India. It has been available in other countries for years but recently became available in India. This comes after weeks of testing the service in the South Asian market.
For the uninitiated, Prime Gaming is a complementary part of Amazon Prime membership that offers users access to free mobile and PC games, and in-game content without paying any additional cost. Every month, Amazon adds new titles to the service. It will add value to Amazon Prime subscriptions in India, which previously consisted only of Prime music and videos. The move makes Amazon Prime subscriptions more appealing to certain demographics and has a long-term impact on the gaming market in India.
Read more: Have You Played Netflix Games?
Current games available for Indian subscribers
As of now, there are eight titles available for free to Prime subscribers and two weeks to claim them. These include Doors: Paradox, Quake, Spinch, Desert Child, Brothers: A Tale of Two Suns, Banners of Ruin, Rose Riddle 2, and The Amazing American Circus.
For in-game content, users can claim bundles and packs for League of Legends, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, FIFA 23, Valorant, Call of Duty: Mobile, Grand Theft Auto V, and more. Additionally, more free in-game content will be released in the coming months. Some games and incentives require a third-party account, similar to Epic Titles Store, Bungie, Activision, and Rockstar Games.
Prime Gaming in India: How it works
Prime Gamers do not have to pay anything more if they already have a Prime membership. The cost structure for the membership is INR 179 per month or INR 1,499 per year which also includes free delivery, Amazon Prime Video, and Amazon Prime Music. It’s a three-step process-
Visit the Prime Gaming website,
Sign in using an Amazon account, and
Click on Activate Prime Gaming.
Upon activation, users will have access to all the games and items available.
Future of Gaming in India
Amazon India enters the rapidly growing Indian gaming market with Prime Gaming. There is a growing gaming boom in India, according to a report on the Indian gaming market. It stood at $2.6 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at a 27 percent CAGR to reach $8.6 billion by 2027. Akshay Sahi – Director, Prime and Delivery Experience, Amazon India said,
“With the rebranded launch of Prime Gaming, we continue to make Amazon Prime more valuable for members in India. Gaming has become widely popular, and we recognize the need to provide a robust selection of games and content to enhance playing experience of our Prime members. The new and refreshed Prime Gaming, comes with a great accessibility to the latest games and we will continue to add new in-game content for other popular games, with frequent content refreshes.”
- Neha Mehta
- Neha started her journey as a financial professional but soon realized her passion for writing and is now living her dreams as a content writer. Her goal is to enlighten the audience on various topics through her writing and in-depth research. She is geeky and friendly. When not busy writing, she is spending time with her little one or travelling.
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 23, 2024In Conversation with EssenceMediacom’s Soumak Banik: Media Insights Unveiled
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 16, 2024Havas Maher Saad El Din: Navigating Media’s Shifting Landscape
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 9, 2024Madison World’s Milan Modi Speaks: Crafting Success in Digital Advertising
- Interview and Guest PostFebruary 1, 2024VML’s Karim Sioufi: Transformative Insights in Marketing Excellence